Thursday, January 12, 2012

Like royalty

Tonight, as I was sitting on my bed listening to music, I was thinking. I was thinking about relationships. I was thinking about how so many girls (young and old) are being mistreated and disrespected by guys these days. I know this because I used to be one of those girls. I was mistreated and disrespected by several different guys in my lifetime. Each guy disrespected and mistreated me in a different way. As I was sitting here thinking, this blog was born. Every once in a while, I think of something that I really want to let out. Something that I want to write down somewhere, but I never have anywhere to write it down at. Usually what I have to say is too long for a Facebook status or a tweet. So, I made this blog to write those thoughts down at. I'm praying that through my writings, God will use me to speak to whoever is reading this. Whether it be a young Jr. High girl, a woman in her 40s, or even a guy! Anyway, onto the blog post.....

Every little girl dreams of being a princess like Cinderella or Belle. They watch the Disney movies and hope to find their prince charming someday and live happily ever after. As girls get older, that longing to be a princess never really goes away. When girls are little, they long for that fairy tale. The kind of fairy tales that happens in Disney movies. As girls get older, they still long to find their "prince charming", fall in love, have a fairy tale wedding, and live happily ever after. So many girls never give themselves what they truly deserve though. Even if a girl longs for that fairy tale lifestyle of being treated like a princess, they become desperate and settle for less than what they have longed for their whole lives. When I speak of being treated like a princess, I'm probably not thinking of the word "princess" in the way that you may be thinking of it. When I think of being treated as a princess, I don't picture material things. The princesses in Disney movies have beautiful dresses, big castles, and things like that. I have never longed for those things. I have always longed of being treated as a princess and finding my prince charming, but I have always wanted to be treated as a princess through the way that my prince charming treats me....not through the things that he buys me or gives me. If you have a guy who gives you all of the material things that you could ever hope for, but treats you horribly, then are you really being treated like a princess? No! So many guys today do not realize what it means to be a prince to a girl. They don't know what it truly means to treat a girl like a princess.....God's princess.

God wants us as girls to be treated and loved and respected by our future husband in the same way that He treats us, loves us, and respects us. He wants a guy who will look at you like you are royalty. He wants a guy who will treasure you for the beautiful jem that you are. He wants a guy who will respect you. Someone who will be focused on touching your heart.....not your body.

While you are waiting for your future husband, fall in love with God first! As the saying goes, "Dance with God. He'll let the perfect man cut in." Make sure the guy that is trying to pursue you asks from your heart from God first.

"A woman should be so lost in God that a man must seek Him to find her."
I've ALWAYS loved that saying! Fall in love with God, and everything else will fall into place. Don't rush things. Don't become desperate. Don't settle for less than what you deserve!

When you find the perfect man that God has for you, you will just know. He will be EVERYTHING that you have always prayed for in a future husband. He will be a true man of God. He will be a man with dirty knees. He will fear God. He will be more in love with God than he is with you. He will treat you like a princess because you are a daughter of the King of Kings. Girls, don't settle!


4 comments:

kyle said...

This is all so true every word that you said even the part about the guys I agree with every word you write the most amazing things I really hope alot of people read this(guys and girls)

Nicole Davis said...

This is amazing ashley! Adding this to my list to follow.

Sarai said...

Wow. i love this! <3 and the music you put with it (; you are truly a princess of the King, and i love youre blogs!

Tay said...

Your amazing!!! :)